Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chalo Bharath….

Packed my bags just a day before the Independence Day and was waiting impatiently for my Sis to arrive to give me a ride to the airport. Early morning Aug 15th while I was getting Chotu ready for daycare -
Mom: Chotu, pay attention to me, you are getting late, I will be late...
Chotu: I wish you could miss your flight...
Mom: What! Why do you say that?
Chotu: So you don’t have to go to India.
After all that planning, now the lil guy throws a curse on me and my sister has not yet left her house when I called she was still “leaving right now” and hung up on me as usual. For some reason I believed in “Bal Vaak Brham Vaak” some corner of my heart, so took the wheel from my Sis and landed two hours early at the airport. Took out the entire extra luggage and handed it to her and checked in very early just to prove Chotu wrong. Off to a three week vacation away from everything (work, kids, DH and everything…). Everyone was envious of the idea. Of course had to answer zillion times to everyone how I could leave DH alone with the kids and go on vacation.

No comments: