Tuesday, March 14, 2006

While you were busy...

As my quarter ends, I needed to wrap up some data analysis and write up some reports. Like you care. Yah, everything is warming up on this side of pacific. Vin has more questions than ever, I don't know what he asks in the school, he got a "continuously curious orca" award twice. Last week, when we were working on his science fair project:

vin: Mom! what is gay?
Mom: **I wish I did not know, but looked straight into his eyes and said**- 'HAPPY'
vin: **With an unsatisfying look**- Is there another meaning to it?
mom: Like...?
vin: the teenage gay..
mom: I am not sure about it..

I should get a most "shocking questions listener award" grrr.


On the lighter side..when putting chotu in bed

chotu: momy, can you thell me a dragon bosther story?
mom: **happy he is not asking about Ramayana anymore** Yeah, once there was a big red dragon booster..
chotu: why is it red? and why is it not blue?
mom: Because he ate lot of apples.
chotu: oh!
mom: he was walking in the jungle and ..
chotu: was it dark?
mom: yea...h and there was nobody **whispering**
chotu: say it loudly momy **angry**
mom: Ok, and he was looking for food.
chotu: whath does he eath?
mom: apples, broccoli, beans, chicken , these are all good for health
chotu: oh! if I eath those will I be like Bheema?
mom: **oh man!**. Yeah, ok listen the dragon goes home and gets into his bed and sleeps.
chotu: Oh! goodnite momy, I love you.
mom: I love you kanna, sleep tight.

2 comments:

Kumari said...

Thath the thorteth thory I've ever heard :p
And you know, I didn't know there could be other meanings for 'gay' till I reached Class 9 and my friend giggled when i said , "I am so gay today i can fly" :( They should have just made a new word and not used an existing 'Happy' one.

Ratna said...

@kumari: I never imagined parenting is such a tough job. I always mocked my parents about it.