Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One among ?.....

When I see Americans, my face lights up in a smile and they pass by without noticing. Being so long in a foreign land unknowingly you grow into the culture. I am used to the greats and smiles in the hallways, walkways, malls, restaurants etc., I miss that culture here. Unconsciously, when I see Americans at work, strangely I feel like I am one among them. I only realize when they just pass by and not even notice me, because I am one among here. I am slowly realizing I look Indian and feel more like American inside. Probably it will take time to settle down the mixed feelings.

1 comment:

Trevor Penn said...

Been there, still there!!! I've grown accustomed to exchanging smiles, what's-ups and how-u-doings in the hallways. Now i end up being in a weird spot when the very people (or their kin) who've taught me to be like that don't answer my greetings. *sigh*

That was one thing i really liked about the Americans.