Monday, October 08, 2007

HP Trip – Day 2

We arrived at Chakki Bank next day morning around 7:00 AM. Took a taxi to Norling Guest house, Dharamsala. It took us around three hours, we crossed Punjab boarder and entered Himachal. I have enjoyed the taxi driver’s Punjabi accent along the drive asking him questions. It was pouring heavily all the way to the guest house. It was beautiful place that KM and Sai found out on the internet. Amidst bamboo gardens a small Tibetan style settlement. We got refreshed and I took a long nap. Sai and KM took a quick walk around the guest house and were pretty excited. They both woke me up and I was still groggy from my jet lag but couldn’t help listen to their excited tit bits. Around 5:00 PM finished my lunch and headed for sightseeing. Since not much light is left, we thought we will cover Tapovan Ashram at Sidhberi. It is the headquarters of Chinmya Mission. We three have been Chinmya Yuva Kendra members in college days and there was an occasion to visit Sidhberi at that time. Unfortunately my parents did not feel comfortable to send me to Sidhberi in Himalayas at that time. It is in our destiny, so it was there right in front of our eyes serene, beautiful, pleasant location that was described to us 16 years ago. After visiting ashram, we went to Ram Mandir that is in the premises and returned to our guest house.

No comments: