Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Shopping for a new car?

This post is in response to Vivek's comment in the below post. I did not know which Hybrid to buy until Vivek questioned (I am in no hurry or NSF). So I googled for "Hybrid Cars and Fuel Efficiency" wallah I found my answers to many questions regarding hybrid cars at this site .

This site is wonderful, if you would give it a second thought about global warning, energy crisis etc., etc., before you purchase your new vehicle.

I compared our current two vehicles and future one that I would buy and the results are here. The first in the row is my future car and the next two are our current means of transportation. Our vehicles use twice as much fuel , for double the amount and emit twice or thrice the amount of greenhouse gas depending on the vehicle.

You do your math now! After the math, we at least for now are planning to leave the van at home and drive in the car, that might cut our house hold fuel consumption to half or less than half.

2 comments:

Vivek Kumar said...

Thanks a lot :)

I am just waiting for Hydrogen fuel-cells ;-)

Ratna said...

Anytime:)