Monday, January 23, 2006

One of those violin class trips..

Vin: What is O2?
Me: Oxygen
Vin: What is H2?
Me: Hydrogen.
Vin: We all know H2O, is there O2H2?
Me: Yeah. There is OH too, it is called alcohol.
Vin: Awww. Is this the smoking alcohol?
Me: Yeah, that is the bad Alcohol.
Vin: Do people in India drink alcohol?
Me: Yess.
Vin: Is alcohol bad for body?
Me: Once in a while, after 18, it is not that bad.
Vin: OH! so I will have alcohol after 18 once in 5 Years.
Me: Oh!
Vin: Well my friend "X" drinks wine.
Me: There are some festive occasion in Churches, that sometimes the Father of the church gives wine.
Vin: I am an American, I can go to Church and get some wine.
Me: Yeah, You are an American born to Hindu parents. So you are Hindu.
Vin: I guess, I have to wait until I am 18.
Me: (Oh! my god..)
Vin: I will get married to Ash and then come back to America.
Me: When you grow up and when it is time and when you both like each other , then you can get married.
Vin: I like Ash now.
Me: If you like someone, it doesn't mean you marry them. Any ways long ways to think about it.
Vin: Yeah...
Me: (Thank god it is only 15 minute drive to Violin class, otherwise I would not know how to answer his questions)

Once in India, my mom made "Bobbatlu" (sweet chapatis), Vin loved those.While I was putting him in bed, he asked me:
Vin: Mom! we need to ask ammamma (Grandma) this recipe. I need to learn how to make "bobbatlu and make it for my family.
Vin: You know, once I get married and have kids and all. They are awesome. I need to learn.
Me: Giggles. Ok Kanna. We will ask ammamma tomorrow for the recipe.

It is cute to hear such stories, but it concerns me of his planning. I don't even plan for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sivani said...

Hmm - if he's in the States he will have to wait until he is 21 before he can legally drink :-)

And Angel Face at five is really keen to have babies. Our litany goes: after you finish high school and you finish college and then you get your masters and complete your Ph.D. - THEN you can get married and then when you're 35 you can have babies, as many as you want.

So now her story goes like this:
"One day when I am big and old and 35 I will have lots of babies, no only two, a boy and a girl, but I don't like boys, so maybe I will have a boy and girl twins, and then I will have another girl....."

Ratna said...

@Sivani: Cute! Err.. I forgot the limit was 21. These kids just can't wait to grow :)

littlecow said...

This was hilarious!

Sivani said...

Sequel: This morning she comes into our room. I'm in the dressing room getting ready for work, so she asks my husband: "Peddananna, can you help me pull up the zipper on my backpack?"

While he is helping her, she states: "I can't wait until I'm 35."

Taken aback, he asks: "Why?"

"So that my mommy can stay at home and look after my babies while I go to work."