Friday, November 30, 2007

HP Trip – Day 4

Kalatop and Kajjar wildlife sanctuary was our main foucs for the day. As I have signs of OCD, I was nervous that our car might breakdown somewhere in the jungle and we will not be able to catch our train back to Delhi. That did not happen but Sai and Kemo were rehearsing that in the midst jungle some bad boys will come and hijack me and how the journalists will interview Kemo and Sai. They had a big kick out of the day dream story and all this conversation was in Hindi. The driver was listening to this entire story and at the end of their imagination, I said in Telugu “if the driver is already on that mission what would you guys really do?” K was so worried, his face went pale and I couldn’t stop laughing. Back to the Kalatop – it was a scenic route and only one vehicle can travel at a time in that path. I was totally lost in transition. We have seen pahadi ladkis (excuse my hinglish) who are so beautiful just as shown in Shammi Kapoor’s filmis. These girls are in the middle of nowhere in the hills cutting grass for their goats and herding cows- such a simple yet complex life. After the sightseeing we headed back to Chakkibank to catch our train back to Rajdhani. We are three hours early than the scheduled time credit goes to my OCD. We had to go and talk to the station master to get the waiting room unlocked and started our rummy game. We had dinner that we got to-go from the famous “Sharma Dhaba” in Dalhousie after boarding the train. We are ready to go home after a fun exhausting four day trip.

No comments: