Monday, August 28, 2006

Social Science

What is this ? I heard this on the TV the other day and was shocked. I am just speechless. Our social system has no experience of two breadwinners, so now they blame it on the career women? "After all, your typical career girl is well-educated, ambitious, informed and engaged" since when this is bad?

"Women's work hours consistently increase divorce, whereas increases in men's work hours often have no statistical effect." and the BS goes on and final conclusion is to stay single. Please read for yourself if you don't believe the new meaning of marriage in this piece of junk.




Saturday morning, Chotu snuggles into my bed and asks me a serious question.

Chotu: Mom, Why are grals (girls) brats?

Mom: (sleepy head) With a slight smile, Are they kanna?

Chotu: Yes! Mom. They are very boring of me. (He meant I am bored of them)

Mom: (Chotu is getting enough summer training from Vin)

Mom: I am a gral. Am I a brat too?

Chotu: Nope, but you a mommy.

Mom: (he he he He does not know the truth)

2 comments:

Kumari said...

Yipeeeeeeeeee! Never realised how much I missed Chotu till this :)A big Hi to Vin too :)

Welcome back( I know am a tad late but with training had no time :( )

As for the other matter in the post, am too happy right now to bother so I shall ignore all that BS :)

Hope you are having fun with all your new beginnings :)

Ratna said...

@Kumari: You can't even imagine, how much fun I am having:) Even though change is unsettling it is refreshing:)